Awards season is upon us which means I have a lot of fashion research in my future. The red carpet was rolled out last night for the 2017 Golden Globe Awards. Keep reading to see my favorite looks and stay until the end to find out my pick for “Best Dressed.”
*Note: It is hard to keep track of information when so much content is involved. Please notify me of any mistakes.
– Aly Raisman in Rita Vinieris, Madison Kocian in Faviana, and Simone Biles in Alexis Monsanto –
How gorgeous do these ladies look?? Triple Threat!!
– Amanda Peet in Bottega Veneta –
– Brie Larson in Rodarte –
– Busy Philipps in Stella McCartney –
– Emma Stone in Valentino –
I swear Emma could step back in time to the Golden Age of Hollywood and fit right in. Classic beauty!
– Gillian Anderson in Jenny Packham –
– Goldie Hawn in Prabal Gurung –
– Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Georges Chakra –
– Kelly Preston in Christian Siriano –
I know this dress is simple and not very exciting, but I really like the pattern.
– Kerry Washington in Dolce & Gabbana –
I have been on the fence about this dress since I first saw it. I think I like it but can’t say for sure. The details remind me of a brooch bouquet but also futurism. The past collides with the future! 😉
– Laura Dern in Burberry –
The color palette of Laura’s dress is a beautiful complement to her hair.
– Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad –
– Maisie Williams in Ong Oaj Pairam –
The hair looks a bit messy and undone, but this shade of yellow looks beautiful on Maisie. Belle, is that you?
– Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton –
The details of this seemingly simple look pack a punch. The bodice shape and lace overlay. The soft pink lipstick and black ribbon choker. Perfection!
– Millie Bobby Brown in Jenny Packham –
“Eleven” looks age-appropriate and beautiful. 🙂
– Natalie Morales in St. John Knits –
– Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren –
– Reese Witherspoon in Atelier Versace –
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. It is really hard to pull off the color yellow. Reese pulls off this beautiful, “buttery” gown with soft makeup, simple jewelry, and beautiful blue eyes. Natural accessories are the best!
Ruth looks like a modern space warrior princess, and I think Leia would approve. 💫
– Sienna Miller in Michael Kors –
– Stallone Sisters: Scarlet in Michael Kors (M), Sistine in Tom Ford (L), and Sophia in Giorgio Armani (R) –
– Thandie Newton in Monse –
This look is simple yet intriguing. I’m not a huge fan of sequins, but there is something about the color contrast and sequin placement that makes me like this dress. I call this look “Girl on Fire.” 🔥
Lily Collins!! I haven’t stopped thinking about the details: the braided bun, the contrast of soft eyeshadow and dark red lipstick, the simple colorless jewelry, and the romantic pink gown covered in flowers. Upon first glance, a crane couldn’t have shut my mouth. I was stunned and speechless. She was a real life Disney Princess on the red carpet. 👑
One thought on “Best Dressed | Golden Globe Awards 2017”