I apologize that this is late. I try to be on top of things with fashion posts because the window of relevancy is so small. I was late getting started yesterday, and then I decided to skip this year. But, I noticed people were still talking about the Met Gala red carpet today so I decided to post. If you’ve already “been there and done that”, feel free to skip this blog post and wait for the next one. This year’s theme was Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology. Let’s look at some fashion!
*Note: Two things. Number one, due to lack of time I will not be featuring men’s fashion aside from a few couple photos. Number two, please notify me of any mistakes you see. It is hard to keep track when so much content is involved.
• Adriana Lima in Giambattista Valli
• Aja Naomi King in Prabal Gurung
I don’t like the hairstyle, but I do love the dress. The color is unique and flattering on Aja.
• Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
Only Alicia could make this interesting ensemble look adorable!
• Allison Williams in Peter Pilotto
• Amber Heard in Ralph Lauren
• Anna Ewers in Boss
• Anna Kendrick in Derek Lam
• Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen
• Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor in Valentino
• Brie Larson in Proenza Schouler
This look is giving me Great Gatsby vibes. I love it!!
I do not like the hairstyle, but I love the dress. How gorgeous is Danai?!
• Demi Lovato in Moschino by Jeremy Scott
• Derek Jeter and Hannah Davis in Zuhair Murad
• Elle Fanning in Thakoon
• Emma Roberts in Tory Burch
• Emma Stone in Prada
Wonder Woman, is that you??
• Emma Watson in Calvin Klein
The material for this outfit was made from plastic bottles. Fashionable and environment-friendly!
• Emily Blunt in Michael Kors
• Fei Fei Sun in Chanel
• Freida Pinto in Tory Burch
This dress reminds me of Star Wars which makes me love it even more.
• Gigi Hadid in Tommy Hilfiger
• Hailee Steinfeld in H&M
• James Corden and Julia Carey in Burberry
• Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Ralph Lauren
• Jessica Chastain in Prada
• Jessica Hart
• Juno Temple in Erdem
The dress appears to be ill fitting, but the overall effect is ethereal and beautiful. I especially love the hair!
• Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa
Karolina’s dress lights up. You can see it a little bit in the first picture.
• Kate Bosworth in Dolce & Gabbana
• Katie Holmes in Zac Posen
• Kristen Stewart in Chanel
90s grunge meets the space age. I call it “Goth Zenon.”
• Lauren Santo Domingo in Giambattista Valli
• Lea Seydoux in Louis Vuitton
• Liberty Ross
• Lily Collins in Valentino
I’m not sure why the white line is necessary, but I do love the dress.
• Lily-Rose Depp in Chanel
• Margot Robbie in Calvin Klein
• Naomie Harris in Burberry
• Naomi Watts in Burberry
• Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen
• Nina Dobrev in Marchesa
• Olivia Wilde in Michael Kors
• Poppy Delevingne in Marchesa
• Rachel McAdams in Valentino
• Rachel Smith in Sophie Theallet
• Riley Keough in Diane von Furstenberg
• Rose Byrne in Ralph Lauren
• Selena Gomez in Louis Vuitton
I’m getting a 90s vibe from this look. Interesting!
• Sofia Sanchez de Betak in Dolce & Gabbana
Going along with the throwback theme, this look reminds me of 15th century Spanish monarchs. Yes? No? Maybe?
• Taylor Swift in Louis Vuitton
• Tavi Gevinson in Coach
• Zendaya in Michael Kors
Once again, I do not like the hairstyle, but I like the dress.
• Zoe Saldana in Dolce & Gabbana
• Zoey Deutch in Dolce & Gabbana
Alice in Wonderland!
Here’s the deal. My instincts are telling me to pick Rachel McAdams for the “Best Dressed” title because her style is flawless. But, I always pick her so I want to give someone else the title. This may surprise some of you so hold on to your hats. My pick for “Best Dressed” is…
The entire look was like a 90s futuristic mash-up, and there isn’t anything I don’t like about it. Miss Stewart might have won the red carpet (in my opinion), but there were many other stunning outfits. It was a very hard decision but someone had to do it. 😉
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.